Sunday, June 14, 2015

Meaningful Blog Post # 2:3


 For starters I would like to say that I am in no way affiliated with Otis Kriegel, and/or his blog.


I LOVE this blog. In this blog, Otis talks about teaching and how his experiences have led him to share the “7 Tips to Save Energy, Time, and Tears.” Below are the seven tips that he shared:

1.       Don’t Walk In Front of the Line

2.       Keep a Spare Set of Clothes

3.       Share Good News With Your Principal

4.       Create Multiple Ways for Your Parents to Keep Involved

5.       Change Your Bulletin Board more efficiently

6.       Write a daily schedule

7.       Create several methods of communication for parents

These are all great tips for elementary school teachers. I find it very meaningful, because I can utilize each of these tips in my future career. I have taken these tips and changed the way that I will teach and be prepared.

1.       I will NOT walk in front of the line. I will walk WITH the line so that I can observe what it happening at the back and front of the line.

2.       I will keep myself a spare set of clothing so that when I get throw up on, peed on, juice boxed in the face…etc, I will have a change of clothes.

3.       I will inform my principal of good news going on in my classroom at-least once a week, so that in the midst of all of the bad commotion, they will see that there IS hope.

4.       I will have ways for parents to be more involved by encouraging them to come in during the mornings to help their child get settled and get used to myself.

5.       I will change my bulletin board once every…two (maybe 3 J) months.

6.       I will make it easy for parents to contact me…via email, telephone, post its, notes, etc.

7.       I will create a daily schedule so that I know what is going on at all times and have my students on a daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment