Sunday, June 7, 2015

Meaningful Blog Post #1 I Promise Not to Overpromise!

First and foremost, I am in no way affiliated with Dr. Mimi's , and do not in any way claim any of her work.

 
 I came across a blog written by Dr. Mimi on (http://itsnotallflowersandsausages.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-year-i-promise-not-to-over-promise.html) , a public school teacher dealing with day to day stresses of her job. She explains that although she loves her job, she has to rant about it sometimes. She tells the cons of committing to too much, worrying too much, and the struggles of going to school while dealing with outside stresses such as having her first child. The reason that this blog is meaningful to me is because I deal with a lot of the same stress that she does and I tend to over commit. In her blog, Dr. Mimi vows to change her ways and try to do less of what she HAS to do and more of what she CAN do. After reading this blog post, it made me realize that a lot of what I do is not necessarily things that I HAVE to do, but merely things that I commit to because I cannot say no to people. So, after reading this I have made a list of things that I do now that are causing me stress, and could wait..and then I made a list of things that I will do differently to relieve stress:

Stress Causing:                                                               Stress Relieving: 
-Being a perfectionist                                                     -Taking a nap 
-Doing to many tasks in one day                                    -Reading a book 
-Over Scheduling Myself                                               -Watching a show 
-Trying to be there for too many people                        -Taking a bath 
-Taking care of others before myself                             -Not being completely 100% organized at                                                                                                 ALL times of the day

If you are stressed about school, job, becoming a teacher, etc..read this article! Dr. Mimi provides a great insight and perspective about stress and the workplace. It is worth the read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment