Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blog Post #10

Blog Post #10
Interview With Ms. Cassidy: What can we learn?

Ms. Cassidy's interview with Dr. Strange was very informative. It made all of the information that we are learning in EDM 310 relevant to the classroom. Sometimes I struggle with relating the information to an elementary school classroom, but Ms. Cassidy demonstrated so many ways for technology to be used within the classroom. She even showed a movie where her students are participating in various technological activities. I was amazed at how knowledgeable her students were about blogging, using Wikis, and also how enthused they were about learning via technology.

I really liked how Ms. Cassidy's students had blogs. I have never blogged until EDM 310, and I am a junior in college. To see her elementary school students doing weekly blogs, absolutely amazed me. It almost made me feel ashamed for not being informed about it earlier. I would love to integrate as much of the technology that Ms. Cassidy had in her classroom, to mine one day. I would like to use the blogging idea, the Wiki, Skyping with other professionals/teachers and students with the class, and many more techniques that she used. Those were just my favorites.

Although I am very excited about technology in the classroom, I realize that there will be problems to encounter. Some of the issues that could arise include...I would fix them....
  • Issues dealing with technology working properly: Have routine maintenance performed on equipment
  • Students that are not interested in learning the material via technology: Make it relevant so that they will want to learn
  • Myself not knowing how to properly work technology: Seek out professional development and/or classes/training.
  • Safety issues dealing with students and the internet: Teach the students about the internet and its dangers. Teach them how to avoid dangerous situations along with blocking inappropriate websites.
Benefits to using technology in the classroom:
  • Make information more relevant to the students.
  • Helps students to develop relationships.
  • Provides parents with a way to keep up with their child's progress and work.
  • No handicapping your students.
  • Motivates the students.
  • Helps them to learn better.
  • They are more aware of technology in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment